stty erase '^?' in v7

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 12:59:25 AEST 2017

Does anyone know why stty won't accept '^?' in v7? It will accept '^h',
but then the shell expects ^h to "backspace". I am trying to get the
delete key on my mac to do the backing up and it's '^?'. # isn't my
favorite since it's used in C programs, but pressing CTRL-h to backup is
a pain too. If you've read this far, I have three more questions:

1. How do you escape # in order to write a C program if # is the erase
character in the terminal?
2. How do you enter a literal character in the v7 shell (I am used to
CTRL-v CTRL-DEL to enter the delete character on other unices)?
3. Is there a way to echo the ascii value of a keypress in v7?

Thanks,

Will

--
GPG Fingerprint: 68F4 B3BD 1730 555A 4462  7D45 3EAA 5B6D A982 BAAF