ARPANET Information Brochure (December 1985)

Ron Natalie ron at ronnatalie.com
Wed Oct 18 04:33:00 AEST 2017

I love the knobs and intercom panels on the front of the IMP.

I actually had my own IMP.   BRL bought four IMPs and four TACs  and set them up as our campus network early on.    I think we were the largest single purchaser of the ACC LH/DH-11 interfaces.

I had set up all the modems for the IMPs and as soon as the BBN guy would uncrate them and power them up I’d run around shoving the trunks and host connectors into them.    By the end of the day I wrote my contact at BBN telling him our network was all up and running.   I got a letter back explaining that it would not be possible for me to do that.     This led to my new motto that I kept for a long time:

I didn’t know it was impossible when I did it.