[TUHS] What was the first edition of UNIX that left AT&T

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Fri Sep 1 08:33:04 AEST 2017

I was recently asked a question that I was not sure the answer, so I
thought I would pass it to this group of folks.

What was the first edition that actually left Murray Hill and where did it
go?

My own first encounter was the Fifth edition but I know that was later.
I'm pretty sure both Harvard and MIT had it before CMU.   I'm thinking
Fourth edition went to Harvard and some other places ??NYU?? ??MIT??   Did
anything earlier than Fifth ever leave Murray Hill?

I don't think UCB or UofI got it until the Sixth edition.   I believe there
was some earlier commercial site ??CU in NYC maybe?? may have been in there
also but I have no idea what version that was.

Doug do you know?

Warren any ideas?

Tx
Clem