[TUHS] Tools and building: libtool, autoconf, etc. [ trying to have a relevant subject line ]

Ron Natalie ron at ronnatalie.com
Fri Sep 15 07:03:07 AEST 2017

Years ago, I was building an RSX-11M system and it had a rather intricate
setup script.    At one point it announced:

"This will take a while.   Go have a cup of coffee."

And I useually did.   Then one day I was building a machine in another lab
and it said:

"This will take a while.   Go have a cup of tea."

OK, I had to dig into the script to figure it out.   Turns out the beverage
selection was dependent on  the configured line frequency.   The lab system
was built for European deployment (50HZ power).