[TUHS] And now ... Weirdnix?

arnold at skeeve.com arnold at skeeve.com
Sun Sep 17 17:28:57 AEST 2017

Warren Toomey <wkt at tuhs.org> wrote:

> To kick a more relevant thread off, what was the "weirdest" Unix system
> you used & why? Could be an emulation like Eunice, could  be the hardware
> e.g NULL was not zero, NUXI byte ordering etc.

AT&T 3B20 - *0 didn't segfault but brought in some weird value.

Pyramid Dual Universe - System V vs. BSD - why be forced to decide when
you can have your cake and eat it too?

Whatever Data General called their Unix layer on top of their native
OS for the Eclipse or whatever it was (32 bit system).

Eunice - we had it one place I worked but I didn't use it much.

I never got to work on more exotic systems such as Interdata
or Series 1.

Arnold