[TUHS] And now ... Weirdnix?

Steve Simon steve at quintile.net
Mon Sep 18 00:23:04 AEST 2017

Weird unix...

My first contact with something unix-like was cromix, a unix rewrite in z80 assembler (i think). the machine i had access to had two 8inch floppies, and the exciting addition of a hard disk.

other strangeness was primix, a port of system v user space  onto primos. that was slow, and was similar enough to unix to lull you into a seance of security, until it bit you with something odd.

then came edition 7 on an interdata/perkin elmer and normality was restored (thanks again Richard Miller).

-Steve