[TUHS] And now ... Weirdnix?

Nemo cym224 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 01:08:14 AEST 2017

On 17/09/2017, Warren Toomey <wkt at tuhs.org> wrote:
> To kick a more relevant thread off, what was the "weirdest" Unix system you
> used & why? Could be an emulation like Eunice, could  be the hardware e.g
> NULL was not zero, NUXI byte ordering etc.

Does ersatz-UNIX count?

At one start-up, our servers were SPARC-based but we could only afford
Intel boxes on the desktops.  We found that the MKS Toolkit on OS/2
Warp was the closest on the boxes, talking to the servers over X and
such.  (EMX stuff was acceptable but it still sat on top of DOS.  Warp
was odd in that it came with a full TCP/IP stack.)

N.