[TUHS] old X versions (was:X and NeWS history)

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 01:16:24 AEST 2017

Hello!
Wasn't the original project called "Athena", and wasn't it pursued by
one of the many Labs at MIT? I remember going over it in a big way
about the same time I started being an almost serious kernel hacker,
and that was while the kernel created by Linus was using BitKeeper as
its source control mechanism. This was around the turn of the century.

Oddly enough I also pursued and engaged a company who attempted to
combine an early X release with thier DOS based multitasking tool. The
discussion was rewarding, but it did not save the company.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com