[TUHS] old X versions

Arthur Krewat krewat at kilonet.net
Wed Sep 20 05:22:30 AEST 2017

On 9/19/2017 2:56 PM, Derek Fawcus wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 01:15:25PM -0400, Gregg Levine wrote:
>> Hello!
>> Spot on. I've used it, and attempted to get it to work. Annoying thing
>> it is, is that it only sees Novell's IPX based networking.
> That sounds... useless.
>
> I've got some vague memory of it being used on TCP/IP; and I wasn't even aware X ran over IPX (SPX?).
>
> Are you sure it isn't just ODI vs NDIS vs packet driver level stuff?
>
> DF

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/project/phrensy/pub/www/dvx/faq.txt

      To communicate with Unix machines, you must have a TCP/IP
      protocol stack that DESQview/X can communicate with. The
      following products are compatible:
           FTP's PCTCP
           HP/Lanman TCP/IP
           Novell's Lan Workplace for DOS
           PathWay Access (from The Wollongong Group Inc.)
           BW-TCP and BW-NFS (from Beame & Whiteside Software Ltd.)
           PC-NFS (from Sun Microsystems)

I remember playing around with it a long time ago - I think I used PC-NFS with it.