[TUHS] Another "craft" discussion topic - mindless tool proliferation

Lyndon Nerenberg lyndon at orthanc.ca
Wed Sep 20 11:09:27 AEST 2017

> On Sep 19, 2017, at 6:02 PM, Larry McVoy <lm at mcvoy.com> wrote:
>
> Put it on the web and move on.

My main gripe about that is that I can't read the web when the router I'm trying to install won't work, keeping me from the needed web documentation ...

*Please* write your documentation in a way that allows you to generate (useful, readable!) PDF documents that I can download for offline viewing.  Believe it or not, I don't haul along a 300 mile cat-5 cable when I go sailing.  I still like to write code on the boat.  So much for Go :-P

And $GOD help everyone in the Caribbean trying to bootstrap their infrastructure right now.  How is your https://... documentation going to help them out?

--lyndon