[TUHS] UNIX of choice these days?

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Wed Sep 20 14:42:30 AEST 2017

On 09/19/2017 06:12 PM, Arthur Krewat wrote:
> What's your UNIX of choice to do normal "real" things these days?

Linux.  I have a mixture of (legacy) CentOS, (X)Ubuntu (current) and
Gentoo (future).  #ImANTIsystemd

> What do you all use for day-to-day development and general playing
> around with new stuff?

I can use just about any ""unix and prefer the GNU tool chain.

I *LOVE* to chain commands together to do various things.  I feel like I
can get the ""unix environment to do my bidding.  Most of the time.  ;-)

As long as you can get the job done, I don't care what you use to do it.
  To each his / her own.  (Unless I have to help support it, then I care.)

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die