[TUHS] Another "craft" discussion topic - mindless tool proliferation

Bakul Shah bakul at bitblocks.com
Wed Sep 20 16:18:31 AEST 2017

I used *roff for man pages. Used to use man pages as brief
functional specs for new commands. Worked very well.  Even
prior to 1985 I usually just kept plain text documents in a
readable format (not unlike "markdown". Though, rather than
# section, ## subsect I used separate ==== and --- lines).
Most of my notes start out in that form and longer ones may
get converted to latex files. But it's nice to have choices!

BTW, Bitkeeper document looks pretty decent.