[TUHS] Who is running their own mail server and what do you run?

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Thu Sep 21 02:46:19 AEST 2017

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 10:25 AM, Larry McVoy <lm at mcvoy.com> wrote:

> I tried running my own server on mcvoy.com but eventually gave up, the
> spam filtering was a non-ending task.

I ran my own server for bsdimp.com and village.org form the early 90s until
2009 or so. I switched to gmail when I was seriously looking at dropping
$10k for a server that had enough horse power to filter the 50k-75k spam I
was getting a month at that time. Switching to google was easier and I
didn't have to spend the $10k nor the 4 hours a week on the care and
feeding of the black lists, etc.

Warner