[TUHS] Who is running their own mail server and what do you run?

Ian Zimmerman itz at very.loosely.org
Thu Sep 21 05:25:53 AEST 2017

On 2017-09-20 14:22, William Pechter wrote:

>> exim on a VPS.  Currently it is a linode running debian but I will
>> have to find an outlet that supports BSD before systemd becomes
>> unavoidable on debian, which I'm afraid is only a matter of time.

> Digital Ocean does FreeBSD  for me.  My mail hosting costs me $5 per
> month.  Using postfix and zfs...

I try to choose my words carefully, and here I wrote "supports" on
purpose even though it is a much overused word.

Linode will let me run FreeBSD, no problem, but they will not support
it.  That means, for example, no backups.

So when you write that DO "does" FreeBSD, how far do they go on the
support scale?