[TUHS] Who is running their own mail server and what do you run?

Larry McVoy lm at mcvoy.com
Thu Sep 21 10:02:43 AEST 2017

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 04:57:13PM -0700, Bakul Shah wrote:
> What is needed  is an SMTP "Brita" filter!
>
>   crud+legit email => smtp filter => legit email
>
> This then goes to your usual MTA. Steve, this may be
> the killer app for plan9!

I'd run plan9 (or *BSD or even SmartOS) if I could grab an install image
and change host/IP, add some users, aliases, and it just worked.

In fact, I'd pay for that.  If it actually worked I'd pay $500 for the
install image and $100/year for updates to the spam filter.

Corey, what do you charge for your email service?  All I need is inbound
spam filtering, I've got a working linux box that can receive and send
mail but my MX is rackspace.