[TUHS] UNIX of choice these days?

Derrik Walker v2.0 dwalker at doomd.net
Thu Sep 21 11:47:27 AEST 2017

On 09/19/2017 08:12 PM, Arthur Krewat wrote:
> What's your UNIX of choice to do normal "real" things these days?

Linux. I miss legacy UNIX, but for better or worse, Linux won ( well,
certainly better than Windoze, anyway ).

I use Fedore on Main Home desktop and Laptop, RHEL on my server, Ubuntu
Server on my Lightsail instances, and Rapsian on my Rapsberry Pis.

And my day job is different versions of RHEL. Haven't touched a Legacy
UNIX system at work in more than 10 years now.

Still keeping a Copy of IRIX around in case I should ever feel like
getting another SGI.

Was a Mac user for Eons ( Running MachTen on Classic Mac OS and the
Native BSD on OS X ). But about 7 or 8 years ago, I was due for a
computer upgrade, figured out I really didn't need Mac OS and could do
everything I needed in Linux, and could build my own Linux box for much,
much cheaper than a Mac ( or even a Dell when I priced one out ).

- Derrik

--
-- Derrik

Derrik Walker v2.0, RHCE
dwalker at doomd.net

"Those UNIX guys, they think weird!" -- John C. Dvorak