[TUHS] Excessive bouncing ... argh!

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Fri Sep 22 21:46:37 AEST 2017

Warren Toomey <wkt at tuhs.org> wrote:
 |All, overnight the mail list blocked about 60 people because of excessive
 |bouncing. It was probably because the list has been busy, and the bounce
 |threshold for the (mostly gmail) addresses was exceeded. I've manually
 |re-enabled them all.
 |
 |I have installed the script that strips DKIM and ARC header lines before
 |the list software processes the inbound e-mails. We will see if that helps.

The mailman version i use supports REMOVE_DKIM_HEADERS out of the
box?  (This is v2.1.24, i hope that and Python2 will be maintained
for a while time.)  So i have REMOVE_DKIM_HEADERS=2 which always
removes those headers, but more possibilities exist.  There is
also special support for DMARC, but i never fiddled with that.
(I personally use SPF -all and hope for the day DNS via DTLS or
TLS finally becomes reality.  I never understood DNSSEC as such.)

--steffen