[TUHS] Who is running their own mail server and what do you run?

Dario Niedermann dario at darioniedermann.it
Sat Sep 23 19:12:39 AEST 2017

Il 20/09/2017 alle 18:25, Larry McVoy ha scritto:

> I tried running my own server on mcvoy.com but eventually gave up, the
> spam filtering was a non-ending task.
>
> If someone has a plug and chug setup for MX I'd love to try it.

I run my own mail server (OpenSMTPD + Dovecot) but I don't do any spam
filtering server-side. I filter my email client-side with procmail and
bogofilter.

Every message to any non-existing address gets thrown into a catch-all
mailbox. I download the contents of that mailbox daily, and feed them
straight to bogofilter as spam, which of course improves its accuracy...

--
Dario Niedermann.                 Also on the Internet at:

gopher://darioniedermann.it/  <>  https://www.darioniedermann.it/