[TUHS] RFS was: Re: UNIX of choice these days?

Arthur Krewat krewat at kilonet.net
Mon Sep 25 03:51:54 AEST 2017

Where does RFS (AT&T System III) fit in all of this?

I used it for a while between a SunOS 4.1.3 box and a PC running AT&T
SVR4.2 (Consensys) because the client-side NFS was buggy on the SVR4.2
side. This was in the days when I ran a UUCP node (kilowatt) in the
early 90's and needed access from the PC to the "large" (5.25" FH 1GB)
disk on the SunOS machine. It worked, that I can say.

Eventually, I swapped it around after getting an Adaptec SCSI controller
for the PC - turned out the server-side NFS on this particular SVR4.2
was fine.

Just looking for history on RFS if any.

thanks!