[TUHS] UNIX of choice these days?

Wesley Parish wes.parish at paradise.net.nz
Wed Sep 27 09:22:33 AEST 2017

FWIW, I got the idea from finding out what SCSI was supposed to be - a set of devices with everything
on the same level as a node, controller included. I was reading Tanenbaum's Minix book at the time and
liked the idea of everything as a file, so "everything as a file" and "every device as a node" just clicked as
ideal complements - with "everything designed to do one thing (only) and do it well" being self-evident,
or so I thought. Nanokernels in every device, naturally, with some form of authentication being one of
the few things built-in, was something else I considered self-evident.

I've thought a lot of things self-evident. :)

FWLIW :)

Wesley Parish