[TUHS] Software Tools now in Wikipedia

Doug McIlroy doug at cs.dartmouth.edu
Tue Apr 10 20:52:34 AEST 2018

> I rewrote the article on the Software Tools project

An excellent job, Deborah.

> the Software Tools movement established one of the earliest traditions of open source

Would you be open to saying "reestablished"? Open source (not so called,
and in no way portable) was very much a tradition of SHARE in the late
1950s. Portability, as exemplified in ACM's collected algorithms, came
in at the same time that industry moved to a model of trade secrets and
intellectual property. Open source went into eclipse.

Doug