[TUHS] rm command

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Thu Apr 26 07:23:36 AEST 2018

Hi Eric,

> > it stands for the initials of the developer that wrote
> > the original implementation, Robert Morris.

http://minnie.tuhs.org/cgi-bin/utree.pl?file=V1/man/man1/rm.1, i.e. 1st
Ed., says the OWNER is `ken, dmr' so it seems unlikely as I understand
Bell Labs worked on a `last to touch it, owns it' principle.

http://minnie.tuhs.org/cgi-bin/utree.pl?file=V1/u2.s has sysunlink.

It's such a fundamental command that I'd have thought it was an early
obvious addition, and a small one at that.  Bob Morris seemed to always
be involved in the more intricate stuff like various crypt(3)s, and TML,
based on what we hear about him.  (Google didn't seem to turn up much on
TML.)

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy