[TUHS] In Memoriam: Per Brinch Hansen

Bakul Shah bakul at bitblocks.com
Fri Aug 3 01:44:01 AEST 2018

I think it is this one: http://bitsavers.org/pdf/regnecentralen/RC_4000_Reference_Manual_Jun69.pdf

Along these lines, at least one of Fujitsu’s high end network switches was described using PowerPoint slides. At one point while working for them I felt a software simulator of the switch would really help with testing switch software. So I started developing one on my own. That is when I discovered these slides were not only very detailed but also very accurate and quite clear. They answered every question I had during the development. I have never seen such /engineering/ use of PowerPoint anywhere else.