[TUHS] RetroNet…

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Thu Aug 30 04:54:23 AEST 2018

On 08/29/2018 12:38 PM, William Pechter wrote:
> Count me in.

:-)

> Do we need to work up a UUCP mapping project.

I'm sure we will want one at some point.

I know that we're not there yet.

> Also... Would a pgp encrypted mail system with decryption of messages
> at the endpoint make sense?

I think that might be further down the road.  But I see no reason why
such can't be discussed.

I assume that:

1)  There would be a central directory (DNS / LDAP) that has public
certs / keys for people that wanted to participate.
2)  The email gateway would opportunistically encrypt messages that were
unencrypted and relay them to the internal destination.
     (I'm assuming that some people will want to run their own SMTP server.)
     (We can easily provide a community SMTP server too.)

Aside:  One of the ideas of RetroNet is to provide a safe place for
people to play and learn about technologies, like how to run their own
SMTP server.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die