[TUHS] man-page style

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Sun Dec 2 07:26:34 AEST 2018

On 12/1/18 12:53 PM, arnold at skeeve.com wrote:
>> As for the configuration: when Norman Wilson moved to Toronto, he
>> implemented some form of little language for configuring sendmail,
>> treating it somewhat as an assembly language.
>
> Not from Norman (I'm pretty sure), there was a program called 'ease'
> that did just that. Using it, I wrote a sendmail config file *from scratch*
> for the computing center and math/cs system at Emory U, where I worked
> at the time.

Where can I find out more about 'ease' and what Normal wrote & used?

I'm quite fond of m4, which I picked up from Sendmail < 20 years ago.

> Because of that, the Morris worm totally passed us by. :-)

:-)

> I think that I have literally forgotten more about sendmail than most
> people ever know, and I'm totally OK with that. :-)

I do think that I've gotten a better understanding of email, and SMTP in
general, than some of my coworkers thanks to Sendmail and my pursuit of
making it work.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die