[TUHS] man-page style

Larry McVoy lm at mcvoy.com
Mon Dec 3 11:30:25 AEST 2018

On Sun, Dec 02, 2018 at 05:14:07PM -0800, Bakul Shah wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Dec 2018 09:30:06 +1100 Dave Horsfall <dave at horsfall.org> wrote:
> Dave Horsfall writes:
> > On Sat, 1 Dec 2018, Norman Wilson wrote:
> >
> > > I think you missed my point.  The language I used was plain old
> > > sendmail.cf.
> >
> > And anyone who has not edited sendmail.cf (shudder!) is not a programmer.

As a systems guy I think if you have not written, or understood,
swtch(), you are not a systems guy.

But I don't think we should judge each other, we should admire those
amongst us who have taken the time to understand something deeply.
Doesn't really matter if it is the kernel (though that's where I like it)
or sendmail.cf (I gotta give credit to those that get that), it is all
about deep understanding.

If you did that much work and got it, welcome to the club.  It's kind
of a shitty club because nobody gets what you do so nobody values it,
but some of us do.