[TUHS] Happy birthday, John Backus!

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Wed Dec 5 00:23:20 AEST 2018

As I said, I'm an OS type, I just sit near a number of compiler folks and
have been known to eat lunch with them - so I'm not aware of any that.
Unfortunately, about a month ago we lost the guy to ask about it (the late
Stan Whitlock), who was secretary of the Fortran standards committee for
about 30 years.   I'll try to ask Eklund and Grove (who are both retired
but I still see socially on occasion) what they remember about F and if I
learn anything I'll pass it back here.

Clem

ᐧ