[TUHS] ARPAnet now 4 nodes

Jon Forrest nobozo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 08:06:46 AEST 2018

On 12/4/2018 12:44 PM, Dave Horsfall wrote:

> Hmmm...  According to my notes, the nodes were UCSB, UCLA, SRI, and
> Utah.

I had commented on the ARPAnet's presence at UCSB on this list
earlier. Back then, being on the ARPAnet didn't mean anything
like what being on the Internet means now. Back then, only
a few research groups had access to, or even knew about, the
ARPAnet. I didn't find out about it until I was a grad student
there in the late '70s even though I had been an undergrad
from 73-75.

Jon Forrest