[TUHS] DEC compilers (was Happy birthday, John Backus!)

Arrigo Triulzi arrigo at alchemistowl.org
Thu Dec 6 07:35:06 AEST 2018

As one of the OSF/1 T1.0 customers back when I remember well all these compilers during the transition from Ultrix…

I was wondering if anyone remembers the HPF compiler and the “pangolin” parallel debugger which I used around 1994 on an Alpha farm connected with FDDI.

I fondly recall our DEC contact for pangolin who was really helpful but I totally forgot his name :( The HPF group in contact with us was also small but fixed loads of bugs we reported.

Arrigo