[TUHS] NFS & Kerberos woes...

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Wed Dec 26 18:48:42 AEST 2018

On 12/25/18 7:01 PM, Larry McVoy wrote:
> I'm an NFS guy, learned it a bit at uwisc and then a lot more at Sun.
> But Sun didn't do the Kerberos stuff, at least while I was there.

That sort of surprises me.  I guess I had assumed that NFS was Sun
centric.  Though I shouldn't be surprised that someone else stood on
Sun's shoulders and extended NFS.  Especially when (I think that)
Kerberos MIT centric.

> Didn't Kerberos come from MIT?  If so, I bet anything that Ted Ts'o
> would know the details.  My guess is it was part of project athena and
> I think that overlaps with Ted.  Yo, Ted, Merry Christmas, what about
> this Kerberos authentication stuff?  :)

Thank you for the response Larry.  It's amazing what can be learned by
participating in the TUHS mailing list & community.  :-D

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die