[TUHS] Windows roots and Unix influence (was Re: Happy birthday, Ken Thompson!)

Wesley Parish wobblygong at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 15:06:47 AEST 2018

>From what little I know, Dave Cutler was wanting to work on a VMS
(Next Generation) at DEC, but couldn't manage to get management to
agree, so when the possibility of doing a VMS (Next Gen) at Microsoft
came up, he jumped for it.

At least that's what I read back in the late 90s. I've forgotten where
I read it, unfortunately, so unless someone can come up with a source
for it, best treat it with a pinch of salt.

Wesley Parish