[TUHS] Windows roots and Unix influence (was Re: Happy birthday, Ken Thompson!)

Ron Natalie ron at ronnatalie.com
Tue Feb 6 07:57:55 AEST 2018

I've not seen that in an airplane.   I'd like a cite.
There's certainly issues with the computers in some of the later things (like my Volt which is just a rolling computer.   The transmission lever and the gas pedals are just inputs to the computer.   They don't directly control things.   Even the first bit of brake travel is purely a software input).