[TUHS] Windows roots and Unix influence (was Re: Happy birthday, Ken Thompson!)

Ron Natalie ron at ronnatalie.com
Wed Feb 7 03:42:55 AEST 2018

I find the story hard to believe.    A "CLB" command causes the engines to make the airplane climb?    It doesn’t work that way.
I'm a little familiar with the 757 autothrottles and the overall Airbus logic (if you think a modern UNIX OS looks bizarrely complex, take a look at Airbus "flight law" sometimes);.