[TUHS] PDP-7 Unix Paper

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Wed Feb 14 09:30:52 AEST 2018

On Wed, 14 Feb 2018, Warren Toomey wrote:

> All, my journal paper on PDP-7 Unix has just been licensed under
> CC-BY-SA, so here's a link to the PDF version:

Wow!

I'm still astonished at the constraints those guys had to suffer:

     PDP-7 Unix provided a multitasking environment by dividing the 8K
     words of memory into two halves.  The lower half of memory was
     reserved for the kernel.  The upper half of memory was set aside for
     the currently running process.

But you try and tell the young people today that... and they won't believe
you.