[TUHS] pdp-11 assembly as a hll?

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Wed Feb 14 16:43:34 AEST 2018

On Tue, 13 Feb 2018, Warner Losh wrote:

> I was wondering what it would take to convert the v6/v7 basic program
> into something that can be run today.

Hmmm...  If it were C-generated then it would be (somewhat) easy, but it's
hand-written and hand-optimised...  You'd have to do some functional
analysis on it e.g. what does this routine do, etc.

> Its 2128 lines. It doesn't have that fun instruction in it :)

I know!  Say ~2,000 lines, say ~100 people on this list, distributed
computing to the rescue!  That's only 20 lines each, so it ought to be a
piece of cake :-)