[TUHS] Clueless programmers

George Michaelson ggm at algebras.org
Thu Feb 15 08:07:38 AEST 2018

"worked for him" is an allowed rule under the "I don't know why it
worked but it did" hacking code, for a deadline.

somebody in product land has a sign saying 'the best is the enemy of
the good enough" which people in tech support want to ritually burn
because all he did is shift cost out of his bucket into somebody
elses, but thats also allowed under the "not my problem" rule.

I (and I am self-confessed as the worlds least competent programmer)
frequently found the delay between where corruption in malloc is
applied and where its detected sufficiently confusing that I would
have been tempted to follow this well trodden "remove the free()"
path.

-G