[TUHS] OT: critical Intel design flaw

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Fri Jan 5 06:52:33 AEST 2018

On Jan 4, 2018 11:50 AM, "Larry McVoy" <lm at mcvoy.com> wrote:

On Thu, Jan 04, 2018 at 10:29:59AM -0800, Bakul Shah wrote:
> On Thu, 04 Jan 2018 09:17:40 -0800 Larry McVoy <lm at mcvoy.com> wrote:
> Larry McVoy writes:
> >
> > I dunno what "used in anger" means but it worked.  I used it.  I know
> > Joltiz pretty well, he worked for me around this time period.  I hired
> > him just to give him some money, he had gotten sort of screwed by the
> > in crowd in the BSD/Usenix world, I didn't see that as reasonable.
>
> Not part of any in crowd but I am curious.  How was Jolitz
> "screwed by the in crowd in the BSD/Usenix world"?

I'll answer off list, not interested in ruffling feathers.

Probably best... as someone on the other side during that time, I have a
different perspective on who got screwed when... and what beds were made
and who had to sleep in them...

But I agree rehashing all that now is not beneficial to anybody...

Warner