[TUHS] 2018: eighteen months to the Unix 50th anniversary

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Fri Jan 12 08:08:32 AEST 2018

On Thu, 11 Jan 2018, Dave Horsfall wrote:

> No way the big JC could've been born in the middle of winter in that part of
> the world; try about 4BC (Halley's comet) around Spring in March or so.

Quite right.  I was there in winter and got snowed in for 3 days at a
kibbutz near Jerusalem.

I'd also like to endorse the Holocene Calendar at this point since it
results in all events since the development of agriculture having a
positive date.  Much easier for comparison.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocene_calendar

OnUNIX: Development of UNIX started in 11969HE.  See, perfectly sensible.

Rob