[TUHS] AT&T Hardware (3B2)

Kevin Bowling kevin.bowling at kev009.com
Mon Jul 2 19:56:33 AEST 2018

I have several working 3B2s and a non-working 3B1 aka UNIX PC/ 7300.

Your story sounds more like a 3B1 where Convergent Technologies was
the ODM (original design mfg).  I've seen Convergent branded 7300s in
collections or for sale.

The various 3b2 models are a relatively simple backplane design, the
cards are all discrete chips on small boards that aren't very dense
integration vs other contemporary systems.  I couldn't see more than a
few manual reworks being more cost effective than reving the PCBs on
it, especially because it was a "serious system".

Wikimedia has a good pic of the first model, 3B2-300, main board
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3d/3b2-300-motherboard.jpg

One thing I've desired are contemporary pictures of the 3B5, 3B15 and
3B20 if anyone knows of intact machines.