[TUHS] Looking for final C compiler by Dennis Ritchie

Paul Ruizendaal pnr at planet.nl
Mon Jul 23 19:24:57 AEST 2018

No, it derives from V7, with much stuff from 4BSD back-ported to the PDP11. See the “Early BSDs” section of the Unix Tree (https://minnie.tuhs.org//cgi-bin/utree.pl). Although V8 also has some 4BSD roots, the V8/V9/V10 lineage is different from the 2.8-2.11 BSD lineage. There was a lot of code sharing back then, it is not a simple picture.

https://1587660.websites.xs4all.nl/cgi-bin/9995/dir?ci=tip