[TUHS] off-topic list

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Sat Jun 23 03:17:04 AEST 2018

On 06/22/2018 08:28 AM, Larry McVoy wrote:
> For the record, I'm fine with old stuff getting discussed on TUHS.
> Even not Unix stuff.

I agree.

It seems like a number of people are okay with non-TUHS specific topis
being discussed on TUHS.  I'm sure there are others that want non-TUHS
specific topics to stay off TUHS.  I feel like each group is entitled to
their opinions.

So, perhaps we could leverage technology to satisfy both groups.

I believe that Warren hosts TUHS using Mailman.  I'm fairly certain that
Mailman supports topics / key words.  Thus we could possible configure
Mailman to support such topics and allow subscribers to select which
topics they care about and the ever so important if they want to receive
messages that don't match any defined topics.

> We wandered into Linux/ext2 with Ted, that was fun.  We've wandered
> into the VAX history (UWisc got an 8600 and called it "speedy" - what a
> mistake) and I learned stuff I didn't know, so that was fun (and sounded
> just like history at every company I've worked for, sadly :)

I routinely find things being discussed that I didn't know I was
interested in, but learned that I was while reading.  I almost always
learn something from every (major) thread.

> I think this list has self selected for adults who are reasonable.
> So we mostly are fine.

:-)

--
Grant. . . .