[TUHS] off-topic list

Larry McVoy lm at mcvoy.com
Sun Jun 24 09:36:06 AEST 2018

On Sat, Jun 23, 2018 at 05:31:06PM -0600, Grant Taylor via TUHS wrote:
> On 06/23/2018 03:21 PM, Michael Parson wrote:
> >The first rule in my .procmailrc does this with formail:
>
> That works well for many.  But it does not work at all for me.
>
> There are many additional factors that I have to consider:
>
>  - I use different email addresses for different things.

I think you misunderstood what formail is doing.  It's looking
at the Message-ID header.  The one for the email you sent
looks like:

All formail is doing is keeping a recent cache of those ids and only letting
one get through.

So suppose someone reply-alls to you and the list (very common).  Without
the formail trick you'll see that message twice.