[TUHS] off-topic list

Michael Parson mparson at bl.org
Mon Jun 25 22:52:38 AEST 2018

On 2018-06-25 01:15, arnold at skeeve.com wrote:
> Dave Horsfall <dave at horsfall.org> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 23 Jun 2018, Michael Parson wrote:
>>
>> > The first rule in my .procmailrc does this with formail:
>>
>> Anyone with any concept of security will not be running Procmail; it's
>> not
>> even supported by its author any more, due to its opaque syntax and
>> likely
>> vulnerabilities (it believes user-supplied headers and runs shell
>> commands
>> based upon them).
>>
>> -- Dave VK2KFU
>
> So what is the alternative?  I've been using it for years with
> a pretty static setup to route incoming mail to different places.
> I need *something* to do what it does.

Sieve[0] is what I've seen suggested a bit.  I've skimmed over the docs
some, but haven't invested the time in figuring out how much effort
would be involved in replacing procmail with it, at first glance, it
does not seem to be a drop-in replacement.

--
Michael Parson
Pflugerville, TX

[0] http://sieve.info/