[TUHS] off-topic list

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Wed Jun 27 07:16:36 AEST 2018

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 2:04 PM, Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:
​Ok, that all sounds right and I'll take your word for it.   I followed it
only from the side and not directly as a customer, since by then I was
really not doing much VMS anything.  That said, I had thought some of the
original folks that were part of the PMDF work were the same crew that did
SOL (Michel Gien - the Pascal rewrite of UNIX - whom I knew in those days
from the OS side of the world).  I also thought the reason why the the firm
was named after the TGV (and yes I stand corrected on the name) was because
they were French and at the time the French bullet train was know for being
one of the fastest in the world and the French were very proud of it.

ᐧ