[TUHS] ATT Hardware

ron at ronnatalie.com ron at ronnatalie.com
Sat Jun 30 02:31:22 AEST 2018

  We were also gifted a 3B2. We brought it up single user, and it took 20 seconds to run a ps command. Our computers were theme-named after birds (the 3B20 pair were heckle and jeckle), so we named the 3B2 junco. Our director told us we   couldn't do that, we had to play nice with the chip folks. So we renamed it jay. But we all knew what the j stood for.

Not unlike the ā€œJā€ prefix in all the 5620 software, the last vestiges of the jab at PERQ calling DMD predecessor the JERQ.