[TUHS] daemons are not to be exorcised

Andy Kosela akosela at andykosela.com
Thu Mar 22 01:45:27 AEST 2018

On Wednesday, March 21, 2018, Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 8:18 AM, Paul Winalski <paul.winalski at gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> better.
>> >
>> > There are also ways in which Unix is just simply deficient.
>> >
>> I think a corollary of Albert Einstein's aphorism regarding theories
>> applies here: "Features should be as simple as possible, but no
>> simpler."
>>

> "Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When
> There Is Nothing Left to Take Away" Antoine de Saint-Exupery

There are two kinds of people in this world.  Those that think that adding
more is better (more is more approach), and those that think the complete
opposite (less is more approach).  The second type is usually associated
with minimalistic philosophy and approach to life.  I believe Ken and the
team were the masters of minimalism.

Today the only current OS that I can think of that still adores this
minimalistic approach is probably only OpenBSD.  Even its installer is as
minimal as you can get... I really like it.

--Andy