[TUHS] daemons are not to be exorcised

Nemo cym224 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 03:56:38 AEST 2018

On 21 March 2018 at 13:28, Paul Winalski <paul.winalski at gmail.com>
wrote (in part):
> I also apply what I call the Bus Principle.  If you get hit by a bus
> and killed, one of your colleagues is going to have to take over your
> work.  Give them a fighting chance with code comments, and maybe even
> a design document for large or complex things.

A manager insisted that everyone spend the last 15min of the day
writing down what was done that day on a sheet of paper and putting in
your desk drawer.  No one was run over by a bus but the paper became
the first thing many consulted next day (and the act of writing
consolidated thoughts -- something much lost today).

N.