[TUHS] daemons are not to be exorcised

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Thu Mar 22 12:24:04 AEST 2018

On Wed, 21 Mar 2018, Larry McVoy wrote:

> Yep.  Someone once told me "any code that you wrote more than 6 months
> ago might as well have been written by someone else.  So write it in a
> way that you can debug it".

Yep, and I'm glad that I had bosses to whom I didn't have to explain why
my comments were so voluminous.

And who first said "Write your code as though the next person to maintain
it is a psychotic axe-wielding murderer who knows where you live"?  I've
often thought that way (as the murderer I mean, not the murderee).

I'd name names, but he might be on this list...