[TUHS] unix "awesome list"

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Wed May 9 01:17:22 AEST 2018

    > From: Clem Cole

    > I agree with Tannenbaum that uKernel's make more sense to me in the long
    > run - even if they do cost something in speed

There's a certain irony in people complaining that ukernel's have more
overhead - while at the same time time mindlessly, and almost universally,
propogating such pinheaded computing hogs as '_mandating_ https for everything
under the sun' (even things as utterly pointless to protect as looking at
Wikipedia articles on mathematics), while simultaneously letting
Amazon/Facebook/Google do the 'all your data are belong to us' number; the
piling of Pelion upon Ossa in all the active content (page after page of
JavaScript, etc) in many (most?) modern Web sites that does nothing more than
'eye candy'; etc, etc.

	Noel