[TUHS] Old Usenet newsreader source code?

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Wed May 9 05:29:21 AEST 2018

On 05/08/2018 01:23 PM, Steve Nickolas wrote:
> I've thought of running a usenet server or servers - I've got a few
> servers - but I don't even know about software to do so, let alone
> servers to peer with.

I've always used INN.  I'm happy enough, and it works for me.

There are a few other common news servers.  It depends on the platform
that you want to run on.

I'm typically seeing < 100 MB of news a day.  My VPS has < 4 GB news
spool going back 30 days.  My private server has unchecked storage and
is using about 42 GB.

Peers can be found.  Email if you want help.

> I've never really stopped. xD

:-)

--
Grant. . . .